Penang Indian Mee
Penang Indian Mee is one of the famous Indian Mee in Malaysia. It can served either fried or wet. It also called as Mamak Mee Goreng(fried) or Mamak Mee Rebus(wet). For fried Indian Mee, 1st the yellow noodle is dipped in boiling water then placed in a hot wok and fried together with the ingredients. For wet type, the noodle dipped in boiling water then served with a sweet potato chili sauce mix.
You can taste this famous and delicious food in Penang at the hawker stalls of Kabir Indian Mee(Air Itam Road), Seng Lee Cafe(Bangkok Lane, Pulau Tikus), Batu Lanchang Market(Batu Lanchang Road) and also all the Nasi kandar restaurant.
Indian Fried Cake (which is needed in Indian Mee)-or Cucur Tikus in Malay
High protein flour-300g
Oil for deep frying-6cups
1. Put ingredients A in a Big Deep Bowl, add in ingredients B and mix well.
2. Add in ingredient C and D and stir until the mixer becomes smooth.
3. Heat up oil then turn on the heat to medium, drop mixture(a teaspoonfuls) into hot oil and deep fry until golden brown. Cut into sliced.
Yellow Mee-600g (dipped in boiling water 1minute)
Firm Bean curd-4blocks(deep fry until golden brown, leave cool then cut each into 8pcs)
**Vinegar sauce-4tbsp(from C)
Dark soya sauce-2tsp
Light soya sauce-5tbsp
C (**Vinegar sauce ingredients)
Tomatoes-4pcs(blanched and remove skin)
White rice vinegar-160ml
1. Mash tomatoes and mixed with ingredients C then bring to boil. Remove from heat and leave to cool.
Local lettuce (shredded)
Red chili (shredded)
Lime wedges (shredded)
1. Heat up oil, put bean sprout, firm bean curd and yellow mee and stir fry until well mixed.
2. Pour in egg and stir fry quickly so that mix well with mee. Add in Indian fried cake, ingredients B, C and D. Stir fry until slightly dry.
3. Dish up, garnish with E.
Copyright © 2014 101malaysianfoodrecipes.com. All Rights Reserved
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.